[ltp] Re: Tips on adding bluetooth to a T23?

John Sullivan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 14 Nov 2006 23:32:56 -0500

Marcin Trybus <mtrybus@o2.pl> writes:

> John Sullivan wrote:
> | Fortunately range doesn't much matter to me, since my primary use
> | for bluetooth is to transfer things back and forth from my Nokia
> | E61 or to use it as a modem, and in both cases, the phone is
> | usually in my pocket.
>
> I use a generic USB dongle myself, but I'm having difficulties setting
> up my own phone (Sony Ericsson T630) as a GPRS modem. What software do
> you use? Any pointers when it comes to setting up?

I just use "pon", which uses settings in /etc/ppp/peers and
/etc/chatscripts/tmobile on my Debian system.

I have no idea if these are optimal or not, but here is my "tmobile" peers
file. The settings differ by carrier from what I understand.

noauth
connect "/usr/sbin/chat -v -f /etc/chatscripts/tmobile"
debug
/dev/rfcomm0
115200
defaultroute
noipdefault
user "
remotename tmobile
ipparam tmobile
crtscts
usepeerdns

And then the file that the above refers to, /etc/chatscripts/tmobile:

ABORT ERROR
'' ATZ
OK AT+CGDcont=1,,"internet2.voicestream.com"
OK ATD*99#
CONNECT ''

So to connect, I just type "pon tmobile". This works with my Nokia E61, but I
used very similar (if not exactly the same) settings with my Ericsson T610.

--
-John Sullivan
-http://www.wjsullivan.net