[ltp] Re: Tips on adding bluetooth to a T23?

Wed, 15 Nov 2006 17:37:45 +0200

--dTy3Mrz/UPE2dbVg

On Tue, Nov 14, 2006 at 11:32:56PM -0500, John Sullivan wrote:
> I just use "pon", which uses settings in /etc/ppp/peers and
> /etc/chatscripts/tmobile on my Debian system.
>=20
> I have no idea if these are optimal or not, but here is my "tmobile" peers
> file. The settings differ by carrier from what I understand.

Most of the stuff is generic

> noauth
> connect "/usr/sbin/chat -v -f /etc/chatscripts/tmobile"
> debug
> /dev/rfcomm0
> 115200
> defaultroute
> noipdefault
> user "

(a single double quote character?)

> remotename tmobile
> ipparam tmobile
> crtscts
> usepeerdns
>=20
> And then the file that the above refers to, /etc/chatscripts/tmobile:
>=20
> ABORT ERROR
> '' ATZ
> OK AT+CGDcont=3D1,,"internet2.voicestream.com"

This line above is the only place that's provider-specific.  You have to
replace "internet2.voicestream.com" with the magic string called "APN"
or "Acces Point Name".  The operator's website ought to tell you what it
is.

> OK ATD*99#
> CONNECT ''
>=20
> So to connect, I just type "pon tmobile". This works with my Nokia E61, b=
ut I
> used very similar (if not exactly the same) settings with my Ericsson T61=
0.

I also create a symlink /etc/ppp/peers/default ->
/etc/ppp/peers/tmobile, so I can just type "pon" without typing the
provider name.  (Well, actually my default provider is called
'bite-gprs-bt', not 'tmobile', but it's the same deal.)

Marius Gedminas
--=20
The UNIX philosophy basically involves giving you enough rope to
hang yourself.  And then a couple of feet more, just to be sure.

--dTy3Mrz/UPE2dbVg

--dTy3Mrz/UPE2dbVg--