[ltp] Graphic Card temperature

Carles Pina i Estany linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 17 Nov 2006 20:16:35 +0200

Hi!

I have an IBM Thinkpad T60, using Debian, fglrx 8.28.8 (yes, I have seen
that thre is one newer), xorg 7.1.0.

Checking in /proc/acpi/ibm/thermal, I see that the fourth number is
65-66, being executed aticonfig --set-powerstate=1 long time ago
(hours).

I am not expert about this topic, but is this temp normal? fan is
working in low speed, I am not using any program to control the fan
speed (as I expect that should be controlled by hardware itself!). I
have read in Thinkwiki that sometimes fan is turned on because GPU and
not because CPU	(my CPU is at 48ºC, low speed mode).

So the questions are:
-65ºC is usual for T60, fglrx and low voltage?
-Anyway to have colder GPU?
-Do I really need a software program (I know that there is lot of
systems available) to switch off the fan? I don't need to switch off it,
I guess that if is switched on is for some reason (I have also read
something about Always On Bug, my Thinkpad T60 has been bought last
August...)

Thank you very much!

--
Carles Pina i Estany		GPG id: 0x8CBDAE64
	http://pinux.info	Manresa - Barcelona