[ltp] Re: What's cutting my CPU speed in half?

John Sullivan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 19 Nov 2006 10:36:09 -0500

Daniel Skorka <daniel.skorka@stud.uni-karlsruhe.de> writes:

> On Thu, Nov 16, 2006 at 10:32:59AM -0500, John Sullivan wrote:
>> This is true on both battery and AC. Temperature seems to be fine:
>>
>> root@ashbery:/proc/acpi/thermal_zone/THM0# cat temperature
>> temperature:             37 C
>
> What about the other temperatures, i.e.
> $ cat /proc/acpi/ibm/thermal
> It might be that something else is heating up and your thinkpad is doing
> all it can to cool down.

I think this looks ok:

root@ashbery:/etc# cat /proc/acpi/ibm/thermal
temperatures:   38 39 45 37 25 -128 27 -128

And the machine definitely doesn't feel hot.

>> I noticed that last time I rebooted, the CPU speed was back to up to the
>> maximum again. So it's not always like this.
>
> Can you identify a pattern?

Unfortunately, since I posted my original question, every reboot has resulted
in the 50% speed.

--
-John Sullivan
-http://www.wjsullivan.net