[ltp] rf_kill switch is ON

Mads Dyrholm linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 20 Nov 2006 19:32:38 -0500

Hello,

  I have a Thinkpad T60 with Intel ipw3945 wireless miniPCI card.
Linux should be happy to run on a baby like that.... but....

Problem:
The wireless doesn't work!

I know why it doesn't work:
Because the HARDWARE radio kill switch is enabled in my T60.

Solution I haven't tried yet:
According to google, I can install Windows and disable the radio kill
switch by pressing FN+F5. I haven't tried that yet.

Why am I writing to the forum:
Please tell me I don't have to install Windows on my harddrive just so
I can press FN+F5!? If any IBM Thinkpad hardware devolopers are
listening here, please tell me what port or nvram address I shall poke
a binary 1 to get my wireless working ;) - ... (please)

regards
 Mads Dyrholm