[ltp] What's cutting my CPU speed in half? / (FC6 upgrade bug)

Luca De Cicco linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 21 Nov 2006 12:52:57 +0100

Hi there to the list.
I have the same issue, this is caused by a bug in acpi that has been
introduced in 2.6.18 kernels. The problem is that when you boot without
AC plugged you can't set the CPU speed to the max because you
miss /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/.

Hope the issue will be fixed soon.

Regards,
Luca De Cicco