[ltp] What's cutting my CPU speed in half? / (FC6 upgrade bug)

Justin Mazzola Paluska linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 21 Nov 2006 07:30:58 -0500

On Tue, Nov 21, 2006 at 12:52:57PM +0100, Luca De Cicco wrote:
> Hi there to the list.
> I have the same issue, this is caused by a bug in acpi that has been
> introduced in 2.6.18 kernels. The problem is that when you boot without
> AC plugged you can't set the CPU speed to the max because you
> miss /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/.
>
> Hope the issue will be fixed soon.

Is there a bug report or work-around for this acpi bug?  I don’t have
/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu?/cpufreq/ on my X60s under 2.6.18, and I’d
like to help point the Debian Kernel Developers in the right direction
before they free a buggy kernel for Etch…
	—Justin