[ltp] Booting problem after install of Ubuntu Alternative 6.10 on X41 Tablet

Sun, 26 Nov 2006 01:34:34 +0000

Marcin Trybus wrote:

> I don't know where Linux dumps my RAM during suspend, but I presume it
> would be onto the swap partition and if that's full it creates an
> extra swap file, right? Therefore I suggested swap > RAM.

During suspend, ONLY the swap partition is used. Unless I'm much
mistaken, Linux never uses a swap file while suspended. So iff you want
to use suspend-to-disk, then swap > RAM.   Actually, swap probably needs
to be  > RAM + some_margin, although I don't know what that margin must be.

Richard