[ltp] T60 battery

Macskasi Csaba linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 27 Nov 2006 15:50:26 +0100

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 15:33:44 +0100, Carles Pina i Estany <carles@pina.cat>
wrote:

> Hi!
>
> On Nov/27/2006, Chris Schumann wrote:
>> > From: "Laurent Gilson" <pumpkin@gmx.de>
>>
>> > Put the other way round: 0.013125 W/MHz vs 0.0125 W/MHz. If
>> > the calulation takes X MHz (and the RAM is lighting fast or
>> > everything is in cache) 600 MHz is the way to go.
>>
>> But that only covers the CPU.
>>
>> RAM, display, hard drive, support chips and losses have a constant drain
>> too, so that needs to be computed for total efficiency.
>
> I agree. If while the CPU's are "computing" user is waiting and not
> doing other task (that maybe is true, maybe not -it depends, of course
> :-)   )
Ok, that is also an aspect ;-)

But the efficiency of different governors depends also on the cpu. On
Celeron M cpus lower frequencies than maximum do not make sense. On
Desktop Celerons and Pentium M-s is does make sense. I suppose that the
ondemand governor should also make sense on core duo plattforms...

Regards,
	Csaba

--
Macskasi Csaba