[ltp] xf86-video-ati compile

Wed, 29 Nov 2006 11:18:41 +0100

Hi,

I have a docking station with an external monitor attached to it (via dvi). I have an T42 with Debian unstable. My problem is as soon as I detach the thinkpad the internal display stays black. Only a reboot fixes it. Same applies the other way round. I searched the mailing list and if I understand it correct the latest ati driver from git should fix this.

Unfortunately I have troubles to compile the ati driver . My error message is after I type "autogen.sh":

Makefile.am:24: BUILD_LINUXDOC does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
configure.ac: 39: required file `./[config.h].in' not found
src/Makefile.am:37: invalid unused variable name: `ATIMISC_CPIO_SOURCES'
src/Makefile.am:46: invalid unused variable name: `RADEON_EXA_SOURCES'
src/Makefile.am:41: invalid unused variable name: `ATIMISC_DGA_SOURCES'
src/Makefile.am:45: invalid unused variable name: `ATIMISC_EXA_SOURCES'
src/Makefile.am:36: invalid unused variable name: `ATI_CPIO_SOURCES'

Can someone give me a hint on that ?   Google tells me nothing I can use.

Please note this has nothing to do with my last post "external monitor".

Cheers

Marcel