[ltp] xf86-video-ati compile

Wed, 29 Nov 2006 16:55:57 +0200

--A6N2fC+uXW/VQSAv

On Wed, Nov 29, 2006 at 11:18:41AM +0100, credito@gmx.de wrote:
> I have a docking station with an external monitor attached to it (via dvi=
). I have an T42 with Debian unstable. My problem is as soon as I detach th=
e thinkpad the internal display stays black. Only a reboot fixes it. Same a=
pplies the other way round. I searched the mailing list and if I understand=
 it correct the latest ati driver from git should fix this.=20
>=20
> Unfortunately I have troubles to compile the ati driver . My error messag=
e is after I type "autogen.sh":
>=20
> Makefile.am:24: BUILD_LINUXDOC does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL

I think I've seen this error.

*searches list archives*

Ah, there it is: install the xorg-build-macros package.  At least,
that's what works on Ubuntu Edgy:

http://mailman.linux-thinkpad.org/pipermail/linux-thinkpad/2006-October/036=
571.html
http://mailman.linux-thinkpad.org/pipermail/linux-thinkpad/2006-October/036=
567.html

HTH,
Marius Gedminas
--=20
Science is to computer science as hydrodynamics is to plumbing.

--A6N2fC+uXW/VQSAv

--A6N2fC+uXW/VQSAv--