[ltp] xf86-video-ati compile

Wed, 29 Nov 2006 10:00:46 -0500

On 11/29/06, credito@gmx.de <credito@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a docking station with an external monitor attached to it (via dvi=
). I have an T42 with Debian unstable. My problem is as soon as I detach th=
e thinkpad the internal display stays black. Only a reboot fixes it. Same a=
pplies the other way round. I searched the mailing list and if I understand=
 it correct the latest ati driver from git should fix this.

the ati git driver only allows you to use the DVI port in conjunction
with the LVDS port.  It's still not hotplug aware, so you can use the
DVI port while docked and then have it automagically switch to the
LVDS port on undock yet.

> Unfortunately I have troubles to compile the ati driver . My error messag=
e is after I type "autogen.sh":

> Makefile.am:24: BUILD_LINUXDOC does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
> configure.ac: 39: required file `./[config.h].in' not found
> src/Makefile.am:37: invalid unused variable name: `ATIMISC_CPIO_SOURCES'
> src/Makefile.am:46: invalid unused variable name: `RADEON_EXA_SOURCES'
> src/Makefile.am:41: invalid unused variable name: `ATIMISC_DGA_SOURCES'
> src/Makefile.am:45: invalid unused variable name: `ATIMISC_EXA_SOURCES'
> src/Makefile.am:36: invalid unused variable name: `ATI_CPIO_SOURCES'
>
> Can someone give me a hint on that ?   Google tells me nothing I can use.

Your are missing some build dependencies.  Make sure you have
xorg-devel packages installed.

Alex