[ltp] Lost sound in upgrade from fedora Core 4 -> 6

Jean-Louis Leroy linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 29 Nov 2006 20:32:59 +0100

Hello,

I have upgraded from FC 4 to 6 and now no sound anymore.

When I try to play a sound file with mplayer I get:

alsa-lib: pcm.c:2143:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM default
alsa-init: playback open error: No such file or directory
audio_out: alsa9 and alsa1x modules were removed, use -ao alsa instead.

I try it of course:
alsa-lib: pcm.c:2143:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM default
alsa-init: playback open error: No such file or directory
Could not open/initialize audio device -> no sound.
Audio: no sound
Video: no video

Then I tried system-config-soundcard without success. I have dumped a
report and copied here: http://www.europerl.be/tmp/scsconfig.log

My computer is a ThinkPad X40 and my kernel is a 2.6.18.3. My .config
is here: http://www.europerl.be/tmp/config

Help will be loudly appreciated! TIA...
--
Jean-Louis Leroy