[ltp] External monitor

Wed, 29 Nov 2006 17:25:34 -0500

On 11/29/06, funkydoctor <bostromed@yahoo.se> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> FWIW, I had a similar problem, and the "solution" was that I got my external
> monitor/beamer working only if I chose a resolution of 1024x768 in xorg.conf
> (not lower, not higher). Also, at this resolution Fn-F7 worked fine. Still
> haven't figured out why, but it might be worth a try...

The bios code that fn-f7 executes has a number of checks in place to
prevent strange modes from being sent to the certain outputs.  For
example fn-f7 won't switch the vga port on if you are running a
1400x1050 panel since not many monitors support 1400x1050 and usually
the 1400x1050 panels run at 50Hz which can also cause a problems for
external monitors.

Alex