[ltp] changing IRQ's on T41

U Kuehn linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 30 Nov 2006 14:20:24 +0100 (MET)

Atte André Jensen wrote:
> U Kuehn wrote:
>
>> In the BIOS ...
>
> Ok, been there and don't really understand the menu. But do you know for
> sure that it's possible to but the sound card on its own IRQ on the T41?

You can assign some interrupts of the PCI bus to some interrupt slots in
the system, so you should be able to free interrupt 11 at least of some
of the functions is it serving now.

Have a lspci gives you the pci id a device is on, and then have a look
into the output of the dmesg command. For my T41 the sound device is on
pci id 0000:00:1f.5, and demsg says:
[...]
ACPI: PCI Interrupt 0000:00:1f.5[B] -> Link [LNKB] -> GSI 11 (level,
low) -> IRQ 11
[...]
ALSA device list:
  #0: Intel 82801DB-ICH4 with AD1981B at 0xc0000c00, irq 11

I understand it that the pci interrupt link B is directed towards
interrupt 11 in the system.

Hope this helps

Ulrich