[ltp] t60 suspend to ram occasional lockup

Kasper Peeters linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 1 Oct 2006 11:12:54 +0200

When I suspend my t60 to ram, it occasionally happens that the "moon"
led behaves as it should, but the fan remains on. When it gets to this
stage, no action will wake it up anymore (the screen remains black,
backlit off, when I open the lid).

This is with Ubuntu's kernel 2.6.15-27 and fglrx 8.29.6 on a X1400.
I use kernel parameter "acpi_sleep=s3_bios,s3_mode". I have tried
playing with the SAVE_VBE_STATE setting in /etc/default/acpi-support
but that does not seem to make a difference.

Does anyone on the list have a hardware configuration like this and a
working suspend to ram?

Thanks!
Kasper