[ltp] KWiFiManager, SUSE 10.1 and ThinkPad R31

James Knott linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 01 Oct 2006 14:39:46 -0400

I am running SUSE 10.1 on an IBM ThinkPad R31.  I have been trying,
without success, to use KWiFiManager to configure the built in wireless
adapter.  When I try to connect to a known AP, I get an error message
"Aborting network switching due to invalid WEP key specification."  In
the configuration editor, when I click on "Activate", I get several
error messages, including:

SSID could not be set
Operation mode could not be set
Speed settings could not be set
Encryption settings could not be set
Power management settings coud not be set

So, it appears that I cannot configure anything with KWiFiManager. Also,
prior to running SUSE 10.1, I could use WLAN Assistant, but that no
longer works either.

any ideas?

tnx jk