[ltp] radeon thinkpads LCD plus DVI port

Stefan Schmidt linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 3 Oct 2006 16:29:26 +0200

--qDbXVdCdHGoSgWSk

Hello.

On Tue, 2006-10-03 at 09:58, Alex Deucher wrote:
> On 10/3/06, Stefan Schmidt <stefan@sostec.de> wrote:
> >
> >Do i need a special dri module? Or something magic for autogen.sh or
> >configure?
>=20
> updates to the mach64 driver require libdrm from git.  you can either
> grab that, or revert the last 2 commits using git bisect.  Also, all
> you should need is ./autogen.sh and make.

I reverted the last two commits and it compiles now. Thanks.

Afterwards i copied radeon_drv.so over to
/usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers, modified the xorg.conf and restart X.

X comes up and xrandr tells me the resolution is 2680x1050 as it
should be. But the external monitor shows nothing, just black.

Anyway the external one seems to get some kind of signal, as he don't
go in powersave mode.

I'll test some more this night.

regards
Stefan Schmidt