[ltp] Strange ACPI errors while booting

Tue, 3 Oct 2006 12:19:47 -0300

On Tue, 03 Oct 2006, Enrico Tröger wrote:
> > while booting my system(Debian testing) I get the following error
> > message 27 times:
> > ACPI Error (evgpe-0711): No handler or method for GPE[ 0], disabling
> > event [20060707]
> >
> > Does anybody know this and know how to remove this error message?

Please try with a 2.6.18 kernel (remember to look for nice kernel-enhancing
patches in thinkwiki.org :-) ).

> I forgot to mention, I have a R51e UR16NGE.

Make sure you have the latest BIOS and EC firmware installed, too.

If you still get the ACPI GPE error *after* making sure you are using the
latest BIOS and EC firmware, *and* kernel 2.6.18, please consider doing the
following:

1. Upload your ACPI DSDT to acpi.sf.net.  Double check the information you
provide (don't worry about "black magic" like S4_BIOS, but do give the BIOS
revision number from IBM and use the correct machine model, etc).

2. Report the bug to either http://bugzilla.kernel.org or to the linux-acpi
mailing list.

  Henrique Holschuh