[ltp] sleep broken on x40 w/FC5

Thomas Roessler linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 5 Oct 2006 12:05:40 +0200

On 2006-10-04 23:41:53 +0200, Macskasi Csaba wrote:

> However, the other 25% are nasty cases because X freezes totally
> and only the powerbutton helps. Acpi events still work in this
> case! So my conclusion is that it is "only" an X problem.
> However, I im not capable of solving souch issues...

On a T43 with FC5, I'm stuck on this version of the kernel:

  % uname -r
  2.6.16-1.2115_FC4

(Yes, this is an FC4 kernel.)

Later kernels crash the X server upon resume, and leave a message
about a server lock-up in the X server log file.

Graphics hardware is the on-board intel chip.

In this particular case, the crash is reliably limited to killing
the session, and presenting me with a new gdm login screen.  Still,
that's not workable.

Regards,
--
Thomas Roessler   <roessler@does-not-exist.org>