[ltp] radeon thinkpads LCD plus DVI port

Fri, 6 Oct 2006 22:29:32 +0100

On 10/3/06, Stefan Schmidt <stefan@sostec.de> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> On Tue, 2006-10-03 at 10:52, Alex Deucher wrote:
> >
> > Make sure you set:
> > Option "MonitorLayout" "LVDS, TMDS"
> > in the device section of your config.  We are not yet able to
> > auto-detect this setup.
>
> Yes, that's was I changed in the config file. Still the same problem
> as in the earlier mail.
>
> Is it right to just copy the new radeon_drv.so into
> /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/ ? (It's the place where I find the
> radeon_drv.so from my distro, Debian unstable) Is anything else
> needed?

yes, although you'll probably want to run autogen.sh with prefix=/usr

> I have uploaded my config and log:
>
> http://www.datenfreihafen.org/~stefan/tmp/xorg.conf
> http://www.datenfreihafen.org/~stefan/tmp/Xorg.0.log
>
> From lspci:
> 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon R250
> [Mobility FireGL 9000] (rev 02)

I'll take a look when I get back into the country next week.  Thanks
for testing.  In the mean time can you dump the registers using benh's
hacked radeontool.  you can grab the source here:
http://ozlabs.org/~jk/docs/mergefb/radeontool-hacked.tar.gz or from airlied git:
http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=users/airlied/radeontool.git;a=summary
radeontool regmatch '*'

Alex