[ltp] [patch 00/11] ibm-acpi: extended thermal and fan support

Mon, 9 Oct 2006 11:57:03 -0300

On Mon, 09 Oct 2006, Jiang Qian wrote:
> I'm not a coder myself, but is there a more accessible way to download
> or apply the patch other than copy and pasting them individually from
> email?  Is it possible to consolidate them into one big patch to be

Save all emails to disk in clear text format (they're clear text anyway, so
unless your MUA is screwing things up just for the heck of it, saving them
normally to disk is all that would be required), then feed them to patch
-p1.  Patch will find the patches and ignore the rest of the junk.

But do apply them in the order given, and if you are not sure wether you
already have one of them applied yet or not, use patch --dry-run to test it
first.

> applied to stock 2.6.18? If you send me a tarball or one big patch, I
> can post them to thinkwiki.org

These patches are being worked on still, so I don't think I should be
posting them on thinkwiki.org yet.  I will do so as soon as I get an ack
from upstream, or enough reports to be resonably sure they are near their
final form.

  Henrique Holschuh