[ltp] Re: T60p: Kernel patches required for suspend to ram?

David Abrahams linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 09 Oct 2006 15:48:12 -0400

Kristian Berge Nessa <kristian@cavatina.no> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Are there any kernel patches required for ACPI suspend to ram to work properly
> on a T60p running (vanilla) kernel 2.6.18, with SATA in 'Compability' mode?
>
> The machine seems to suspend fine, but on resume is left in a non-responding
> state where the 'suspended' (moon) indicator is still lit, but the HDD & fan
> is spun up. Nothing works except powering off.

My T60p suspends and resumes to RAM just fine  on a
vanilla 2.6.18 kernel with Suspend2 patches, except for one thing:
after resuming I need to press the blue "Fn" key in the lower left
corner before the machine will respond.

Try that and see if it works.

--
Dave Abrahams