[ltp] PS2 Mouse, USB socket: any hope?

Andrew J. Barr linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 9 Oct 2006 18:27:12 -0400

On Monday 09 October 2006 18:05, Laurent Gilson wrote:
> Hello,

> There were (very expensive and rare) adapters out there which really had a
> PS/2 parsing chip inside. The last i saw got over 60 US $ on eBay.

AFAIK these are still out there, fairly common, and I've never seen one
costing $60. I have one that has 2 PS/2 sockets (keyboard/mouse) to 1 USB
plug _with_ an intelligent converter chip inside, it works with any
hardware--I don't remember how much I paid but I would never have paid
anywhere close to that much for it. Whoever paid $60 for that on eBay got
screwed bigtime.

--
Andrew