[ltp] [patch 00/11] ibm-acpi: extended thermal and fan support

Thu, 12 Oct 2006 11:04:27 -0300

On Thu, 12 Oct 2006, Alex Deucher wrote:
> He has an open request for a maintainer.  If you'd like it you could
> probably have it.  BTW, I've analyzed the s30 dsdt and figured out how

I will tell him that I would accept the job if he has no one better
qualified (and I hope he does, I am not well acquinted with the linux kernel
workflow).

> patch.  If anyone is interested in the dsdt, it's here:
> http://www.botchco.com/alex/s30.dsdt

Do you mind sending me the output of dmidecode, so that I can add that DSDT
to acpi.sf.net and, if not there yet, the relevant DMI info to
thinkwiki.org?  Also, is it the DSDT from the latest BIOS?

As a rule, DSDTs for anything you want to see well supported by ACPI drivers
in Linux better be in acpi.sf.net.  This goes double for ibm-acpi, as the
current maintainer is overworked.

I am willing to help ibm-acpi support for *any* thinkpad that:
	1. has all required information up-to-date in acpi.sf.net
	   and thinkwiki.org
	2. has a resposive guinea pig (aka beta tester), because
	   untestable code is not something I am going to write :-)

So I can help you add support for the s30 if you agree to test it
throughoutly.  Just send me what you already know and the dmidecode output,
and we can go from there.

  Henrique Holschuh