[ltp] [patch 00/11] ibm-acpi: extended thermal and fan support

Fri, 13 Oct 2006 00:15:40 -0400

On 10/12/06, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@hmh.eng.br> wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Oct 2006, Alex Deucher wrote:
> > He has an open request for a maintainer.  If you'd like it you could
> > probably have it.  BTW, I've analyzed the s30 dsdt and figured out how
>
> I will tell him that I would accept the job if he has no one better
> qualified (and I hope he does, I am not well acquinted with the linux kernel
> workflow).
>
> > patch.  If anyone is interested in the dsdt, it's here:
> > http://www.botchco.com/alex/s30.dsdt
>
> Do you mind sending me the output of dmidecode, so that I can add that DSDT
> to acpi.sf.net and, if not there yet, the relevant DMI info to
> thinkwiki.org?  Also, is it the DSDT from the latest BIOS?
>
> As a rule, DSDTs for anything you want to see well supported by ACPI drivers
> in Linux better be in acpi.sf.net.  This goes double for ibm-acpi, as the
> current maintainer is overworked.
>
> I am willing to help ibm-acpi support for *any* thinkpad that:
>         1. has all required information up-to-date in acpi.sf.net
>            and thinkwiki.org
>         2. has a resposive guinea pig (aka beta tester), because
>            untestable code is not something I am going to write :-)
>
> So I can help you add support for the s30 if you agree to test it
> throughoutly.  Just send me what you already know and the dmidecode output,
> and we can go from there.

Tonight I played around a bit with adding s30 support to ibm-acpi.  I
was able to pick out a few of the features, but much content is greek
to me.  If you can put dig out whatever features are available and put
together a patch, I'll test/verify it.  My dsdt is available on
acpi.sf.net and also here:
http://www.botchco.com/alex/s30.dsl
dmidecode:
http://www.botchco.com/alex/s30.dmi

here's what I know:
EC handle: _SB.PCI0.ISA.EC0
VIdeo handle: _SB.PCI0.VGA

video related: PHS, PHS2, SWIT, _DOS, CRT, LCD

hotkey: HKEY

possible fans (although do the generic acpi thermal zone functions
handle _TZ already?)
_TZ.FAN
_TZ.FA1

Thanks,