[ltp] Re: IBM/Lenovo policy on Linux ThinkPad support, vs. competition

Andrew J. Barr linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 13 Oct 2006 15:25:36 -0400

On Friday 13 October 2006 14:23, Don Perley wrote:
> That's odd.  afaik all the IBM people, at least on their work mail
> accounts, would be on Lotus Notes.

Well then it's Notes that's broken. I forgot that IBM used Notes.

On a more general note, though, let's not discuss the whole IBM/Lenovo thing
all over again. I'm tired of seeing the same arguments about what happened,
what is happening, and what will happen with regards to the Lenovo buyout. If
y'all have something to say regarding the specific firmware bugs Shem
mentioned, or access to BIOS teams at IBM/Lenovo, say it. Don't talk about
Chinese market strategy or Lenovo's facade of support for Linux. These things
all may be true, but they've already been discussed. Multiple times. There
isn't much new under the sun, especially in regards to this stuff.

--
Andrew Barr

Men go crazy in congregations they only get better one by one.
	-- Sting, "All This Time" (The Soul Cages, 1991)