[ltp] HD does not spin down

Sun, 15 Oct 2006 11:50:43 -0200

On Sun, 15 Oct 2006, Matthias Redlich wrote:
> "laptop_mode status" shows that the disk is in standby-mode although it
> is not. Playing around with "hdparm -B" does not help either.

I have no idea about the rest, but hdparm -C is broken on all kernels using
libata, unless you patch it.  A *tentative* patch was sent to LKML, which
does fix things.  A revised patch will be probably added to 2.6.19.

If laptop_mode depends on hdparm -C, then it will break on all libata-using
systems using current kernels.

  Henrique Holschuh