[ltp] atheros + suse 10.1 constant disconnect

Jenni Patrick linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 15 Oct 2006 23:23:06 +0100

Vijay Garla wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have madwifi installed!  I've tried the rpms for suse, and building it
> myself: last stable build, and several builds from recent snapshots.
> Nothing works: I get disconnected atleast every 5 minutes.  This didn't
> happen with the older version of madwifi that was distributed with suse
> 9.3.
>
> I've also put madwifi into full debug mode to see what the problem could
> be - when I get disconnected, there is no message from madwifi in
> /var/log/messages: i'm not sure if there's something going on in
> madwifi, or if suse 10.1 is just crap.
>
> I've also tried with and without network manager (i.e. via ifup).  No
> luck (atleast network manager notices that I've been disconnected, and
> reconnects).
>
> Any advice/suggestions?  Does anybody else have suse 10.1 on a t43(p) ?
>
> - vijay

Not a T43, but I have madwifi on a G41. After atheros was dumped from
the distribution, I had to get the sources.  I had some initial
problems, but it seems very stable now. I have svn version 1747 last
updated 28-09-2006.
Repository Root: http://svn.madwifi.org
Repository UUID: 0192ed92-7a03-0410-a25b-9323aeb14dbd
Revision: 1747

Peter