[ltp] Re: X60s w/t kern 2.6.19-rc1-git: two BUG warnings

Martin Lorenz linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 16 Oct 2006 08:53:13 +0200

On Mon, Oct 16, 2006 at 08:32:22AM +0200, Dipl.-Ing. Martin Lorenz wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 13, 2006 at 05:47:56PM +0200, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> > On Tue, Oct 10, 2006 at 08:28:26AM +0200, Martin Lorenz wrote:
> > > Dear kernel gurus,
> > >
> > > whatever I do and whic problem I seem to get fixed new ones arise:
> > >
> > > now I loose ACPI events after suspend/resume. not every time, but roughly
> > > 3 out of 4 times.
> > >
> > > the only errornous things I see in the logs are those:
> >
> > Which was the last working kernel?
>
> ok...
>
> tested it again and found it workiing in 2.6.18
>
> one strange thing though: there seems to be some inconsistencies in which
> script is treggered by Fn+F4.
>
> usually it is the /etc/acpi/sleepbtn.sh script, but after one suspend/resume
> the /etc/acpi/sleep.sh script is triggered.

another uptdate:

http://www.lorenz.eu.org/~mlo/kernel/acpid-2.6.18-ie-la-tp-41.5+0813

has the acpi log for the above mentioned behaviour
and
http://www.lorenz.eu.org/~mlo/kernel/dmesg_boot-2.6.18-ie-la-tp-41.5+0813.out
http://www.lorenz.eu.org/~mlo/kernel/dmesg_running-2.6.18-ie-la-tp-41.5+0813.out
the corresponding dmesg logs - one at boot time (/var/log/dmesg) and one at
runtime (dmesg > ...)

I run this 2.6.18 kernel now to work with but had to disable tp_smapi by
forcefully unloading the module.

gruss
  mlo
--