[ltp] Advice on X41 Tablet use with Linux

Tony K. linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 16 Oct 2006 13:20:31 -0400

I have been researching Linux on an X41 Tablet.  I have a use for a
tablet if I can get enough functionality from it with Linux.

>From what I understand screen rotation is not available under Linux?
I assume by "screen rotation" one means landscape vs. portrait (and
not laptop vs. tablet?).

Is the X41 Tablet still functional as a tablet in only landscape mode?
 From this I mean ... Can the screen be physically rotated from laptop
to tablet without any problems in Linux?  And can the portrait mode be
used in any way in Linux?

What other limitations does one experience with using the X41 Tablet
with Linux.  I am intending on using Ubuntu.