[ltp] fglrx on a t43p

Mon, 16 Oct 2006 22:24:20 -0400

Hi all.

I just got a new T43p and I'm having trouble with openGL freezing the x
server (mouse moves, no screen updates, can sometimes revice by shelling
  in remotely).  Looks to me like there's some kind of deadlock.

I've tried latest FC5 livna, latest ubuntu and latest FC5 with 8.29.6,
all with the same results.

It seems to happen after a few minutes with the fieldlines screensaver,
and within seconds of starting secondlife.

2D stuff seems OK, and some GL screensavers last for hours.

I was a bit surprised to run into this problem; fglrx was reported to be
working from what I could tell.

Thanks for any help.

Brian Perkins