[ltp] Advice on X41 Tablet use with Linux

Matt Graham linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 17 Oct 2006 09:57:39 -0400

On Monday 16 October 2006 18:06, after a long battle with technology,
Simon Williams wrote:
> Tony K. wrote:
> > From what I understand screen rotation is not available under
> > Linux? I assume by "screen rotation" one means landscape vs.
> > portrait (and not laptop vs. tablet?).
> You couldn't be more wrong. The XRandR extension allows screen
> flipping, mirroring, resizing and rotating.

...and if you rotate or flip the screen using xrandr, all hardware
acceleration goes bye-bye.  Also, unless you have the line
   Option "RandRRotation" "1"
...in the Device section of your xorg.conf , rotation at runtime *will
not work*.  This option is not in the man page for xorg.conf and is not
mentioned in Xorg docs AFAICT.  So Simon's right, but he left out a
couple of important details.

--
   "Depress the button," it said.  Gloria looked at the button.  "You're
   a very ugly button," she began.  --Phil Janes, _The Galaxy Game_