[ltp] buying a new Thinkpad

Thomas Breitner linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 17 Oct 2006 23:29:24 +0200

hi,

my tp (t42p, radeon m10) 'drains' about 222 and 276 mW (according to the
thinkwiki-powerdrain-measure-script).
i do not unload any modules on this t42p, don't patch the
linux-source-2.6.18 (debian) but compiled with experimental usb-suspend,
do not shutdown x or any services, use radeonfb and xorg-radeon with
r300-dri.

does anybody knows what value is tolerable / 'designed' for suspend to
ram?

greetings,
thomas

Am Dienstag, den 17.10.2006, 18:41 +0300 schrieb Marius Gedminas:
> On Tue, Oct 17, 2006 at 11:02:42AM +0200, Igor V. Rafienko wrote:
> > >Anybody else achieved so few power consumption on his X31 in
> > >suspend-to-ram? 255mW would make suspend-to-disk really obsolete.
>
> I've always considered suspend-to-disk to be obsolete ;)
>
> Time to revisit
> http://thinkwiki.org/wiki/Problem_with_high_power_drain_in_ACPI_sleep
> I guess.
>
> > The power drain is measured through tp_smapi (in its simplest form,
> > read the battery capacity, take the time and suspend. Upon wakeup,
> > read the battery capacity, take the time and calculate the result).
>
> There was a script on that thinkwiki page.
>
> Marius Gedminas
Thomas Breitner

mail@tombreit.de   |   http://www.tombreit.de