[ltp] partial status report (still need T43/R52 reports)

Thu, 19 Oct 2006 11:16:24 -0300

Thanks again to all that replied, both on list and by private mail!

Apparently, a far smaller number of machines than I expected are hit by the
bug.  This is a very good thing.  Basicaly, T43, R52 and R51e are affected,
and no others are.  The bug workaround in ibm-acpi is now changed to only be
enabled on machines with certain BIOS/EC versions (i.e. the above ones :p).

I am missing a report from one T43 (1871, 1872, 1873, 1874, 1875, 1876) or
from a R52 (1858, 1859, 1860, 1861, 1862, 1863) to know for sure if BIOS
70* is affected.

I have been updating ThinkWiki with all the information on this bug:
(http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Embedded_Controller_Firmware#Bug:_Fan_control_loop_status_is_not_initialized)

So all the knowledge will be there for other driver writers.

  Henrique Holschuh