[ltp] Alternative power supply for A31

James Knott linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 20 Oct 2006 08:18:43 -0400

Charles E "Rick" Taylor IV wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-10-20 at 07:29 -0400, James Knott wrote:
>> Kelvin KAN wrote:
>>> Thinkpad power supply connectors are univeral (at least in the IBM era).
>
>> No they're not.  Compare the connector from a 760 with the current
>> computers.  There was even a difference between the 760, 770 and 600.
>
> I remember the 760 having something of a screwball power connector (in
> addition to the screwball keyboard), but what was the difference in
> power connectors between the 770 and 600?  I no longer have a 600 to
> compare with, or I'd check for myself.  The 770, as near as I can tell,
> has a similar connector to most other Thinkpad models.

I don't recall the details.  However, back in the late 90's, I was
providing 3rd level OS/2 support at IBM Canada and often had various
ThinkPad models at my desk (in the lab, we had a cabinet with over 100
ThinkPads in it).  I remebmer there being different supplies for the
different product lines.  Back in those days, at one time or another, I
worked with every ThinkPad type from the 701 "Butterfly" to the then
latest model, often with both English and French versions.