[ltp] acpi wakeup event

FeRD linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 20 Oct 2006 09:45:39 -0400

Thomas Breitner wrote:
> hi,
>
> does anybody get his tp to wakeup from suspend to ram only by fn+f4?
>
> my tp (t42p, bios 3.20, 2.6.18) *listens* to events from the
> sleep-button, but also as well as from the lid.
> when i try to toggle the wakeup-events through /proc/acpi/wakeup, i can
> only enable/disable sleep-button and lid together:
>
> [...]
> any hints about how to disable lid but enable slpb as wakeup-handler?

Bad news. dmesg output on my T22 when I tried similar:

ACPI: 'SLPB' and 'LID' have the same GPE, can't disable/enable one seperately

-FeRD

P.S> Doesn't a single press of the "Fn" key cause the machine to wake
from S2R? It's been a while so I don't recall... thought it did. If so,
you don't need to enable EITHER LID or SLPB.