[ltp] final status report (further testing not needed)

Fri, 20 Oct 2006 14:45:02 -0400

On 10/20/06, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@hmh.eng.br> wrote:
<snip>
> So far, there are only reports of wrong readings of 0x07, no other wrong
> value has been observed. Note that 0x07 might be a correct value if the
> system is in emergency fan mode (level 7).

This makes sense since, on my thinkpad anyway, the fan goes on very
fast when you first turn it on then slows down when the bios comes up.
 On the affected models the bios probably forgets to reset the status.

Alex