[ltp] what to use to save battery

Ari El linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 20 Oct 2006 18:16:06 -0700 (PDT)

Regarding the 3945 powersaving (iwpriv) options, you can find the
documentation here:

http://ipw3945.sourceforge.net/README.ipw3945

And you can use option 5 if you want maximum powersaving on your wireless
interface.

>> > - enable wireless powersaving
> there are more the one way of enabling this..
> normally i use "iwpriv" for the intel 2200 or 3495 and just try a bit for
> the
> right power mode.

I'm using 7 for the 3495 based on a post I saw here, but I wouldn't
know how to tell if it was "right."  How do you know?  Is it just a
matter of how much reception/transmission power you need to reach the
AP?