[ltp] Alternative power supply for A31

Mendel Cooper linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 21 Oct 2006 08:56:42 -0700 (MST)

On Thu, 19 Oct 2006, Matthias Himber wrote:

> You're overlooking the power needed to recharge the battery. Since a recharge
> doesn't take that much longer than the typical battery life, plus heat loss,
> the actual power need ist twice as much as you calculated. More than a 54
> Watt brick can supply.

As I said in the root message, I'm planning on using the 54-watt supply
without the battery installed. The power not used in charging the battery
should make up for the 18 watt difference. If/when I reinstall the battery,
I'll go back to a 72-watt supply.

Actually, this entire discussion has been helpful, and I've learned quite a
bit about TP power supplies.