[ltp] [Patch 0/2] ibm-acpi: LED Subsystem integration.

Mon, 23 Oct 2006 01:42:53 +0200

Hello.

In a good old tradition I send out this ibm-acpi enhancement first to
linux-thinkpad for testing.

Please test and report bugs, as I like to send this upstream as soon as
possible.

How to use it?
--------------
/sys/class/leds/thinklight:white
/sys/class/leds/power:green
/sys/class/leds/battery:amber
/sys/class/leds/battery:green
/sys/class/leds/ultrabase:green
/sys/class/leds/ultrabay:green
/sys/class/leds/standby:green
/sys/class/leds/thinklight:white

Values greater then 0 turns the led on. 0 turns it off.

Example for to turn on the standby led:

echo 1 > /sys/class/leds/standby\:green/brightness

LED information table:
----------------------

Another tradition is to collect infromation and publish them on thinkwiki.org.

My question is, which led numbers control which LEDs at your machine. For
example the LEDs number 4 and 5 are unknow. Also it would be interesting to see
if some numbers are used different on different machines.

I start a wiki page about this. Please add your infos there:

http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Ibm-acpi-led-table

--- Original announcement ---
The following patchset moves some features from the ibm-acpi proc interface to
LED sysfs interface. Namely this are the led feature which controls up to eight
status LEDs like power, battery, ultrabase, ultrabay, standby, etc. The second
feature we move is the ThinkLight LED.

One small problem we face at the moment is, that the status LEDs are able to
turned on, turned off and blink. Turn on and off is no problem through the LED
subsystem, but blinking is not possible yet. Some more work is needed to get
this done.

For backwards compatibility this patch let the proc interface for led and
ThinkLight in place. We should consider to remove the old interface, once we
have support for blinking in the sysfs interface and we pushed userspace to
move.

Should I prepare a patch for feature-removal-schedule.txt?
--- Original announcement ---

regards
Stefan Schmidt