[ltp] ipw2200 + Intel Pro Wireless 2915 a/b/g: "ipw2200: Firmware error detected. Restarting."

Joerg Platte linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 25 Oct 2006 16:34:00 +0200

Am Mittwoch, 25. Oktober 2006 16:09 schrieb fire-eyes:
> I am having a very irritating problem with the wireless driver and card
> above. Sometimes, but not all the times, it gets into this phase where
> the wireless drops, comes back, drops, comes back (etc) and eventually I
> start seeing this in kernel logs:
>
> ipw2200: Firmware error detected.  Restarting.

I have the same problem only when receiving data with maximum speed (for
example on local ftp transfers). Then the driver restarts the card and this
happens until the throughput decreases. Maybe a buffer in the card overflows
when data is not read immediately by the driver...

regards,
Jörg