[ltp] ipw2200 + Intel Pro Wireless 2915 a/b/g: "ipw2200: Firmware error detected. Restarting."

Andrew J. Barr linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 25 Oct 2006 11:49:21 -0400

On Wednesday 25 October 2006 11:39, Bert Haskins wrote:
> Often right after bootup iwconfig will show dev(long random number) when
> it should be eth1.

Fedora does this. I have no idea why. I have never seen this behavior in any
other distribution. I'm going to guess it is a result of kudzu or whatever
their hardware detection stuff is these days.

--
Andrew Barr

Men go crazy in congregations they only get better one by one.
	-- Sting, "All This Time" (The Soul Cages, 1991)