[ltp] Disable PC speaker "emergency" sounds (R40)

b42 linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 31 Oct 2006 19:59:10 +0100

Hi,

had the same problem with my R60 - I use headphones most of the
time and every time the speaker beeped (quite often with bash filename
completion) I thought my head would explode ...

I don't know if the same is possible on R40, but I did following:

1) Turned off all of these warnings in bios.

2) Compiled kernel(2.6, not possible with 2.4) with "PC
speaker" (CONFIG_INPUT_PCSPKR) as module and unloaded it on startup.
You may also not compile this module at all.

 -- b42