[ltp] Best Wireless Headphone with Thinkpad and Linux?

David A. Desrosiers linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 03 Sep 2006 10:38:58 -0400

--=-rn+O5s6JKMeMwiFHUEvx

On Sun, 2006-09-03 at 15:02 +0100, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Isn't this - interference by cordless phones - just as mythical?
> In my experience, if there is any interference between Bluetooth,
> WiFi, cordless phones, mobile phones and microwave ovens, it must be
> extremely small.=20

I have 3 802.11x WAPs here at the office, 2 cordless systems (1 on 2.4
one on 5.8), *LOTS* of wireless devices (3 laptops, 5 PDAs, various
other gadgets), and about 8 bluetooth devices (phones, headsets, etc.)
and I live by a hospital with a lot of their own wireless gear (which I
can see when I do a wireless survey of the area). A couple of my
neighbors also have some sort of wireless networking gear that I can see
from where I am.=20

I have yet to see a single bit of interference with any of them, but
then again I've taken steps to make sure there are no overlapping
channels on any of the equipment that I control.=20

I also don't just crank the transmit power of my WAPs to max if I don't
need it. I have a WSB (Wireless Signal Booster) attached to one of the
WAPs, but that's for community, public wireless that I provide for my
local neighbors if they want it.=20

I use my HS820 and HS700 headsets with my Nokia and Treo650 phones as
well as for Skype and podcasts on my Thinkpad T42p (Linux) and T60
(WindowsXP) without a single problem at all between any of them.=20

A quality (regular) wireless survey can really benefit any
multi-wireless environment or installation.=20

--=20
David A. Desrosiers
desrod gnu-designs com
http://gnu-designs.com