[ltp] X60s: strange behaviour on reboot/warmstart

Martin Lorenz linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 4 Sep 2006 09:07:42 +0200

Hallo out there,

since yesterday (I just got suspend to ram working with kernel
2.6.18-rc5+ahci patch) I experience strange behaviours of my X60s 1702-55G
on resume and on reboot

first one is, that I can only suspend to ram ONCE. the second try results in
an incomplete suspend (either battery-led or battery+cable led stay on) and
the system dosen't come back. I have to switch it hard off.

the second symptom is on reboot / warmstart. cold boot works perfectly well
but on warmstart I get a beepcode and nothing more...

the beepcode is one-three-three-one which, according to the lenovo support
page
http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-46018
this means DIMM or system board.

do I have a real hardware error?