[ltp] Re: X60s: strange behaviour on reboot/warmstart

Martin Lorenz linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 4 Sep 2006 13:50:44 +0200

On Mon, Sep 04, 2006 at 09:07:42AM +0200, Dipl.-Ing. Martin Lorenz wrote:
> Hallo out there,
>
> since yesterday (I just got suspend to ram working with kernel
> 2.6.18-rc5+ahci patch) I experience strange behaviours of my X60s 1702-55G
> on resume and on reboot
>
> first one is, that I can only suspend to ram ONCE. the second try results in
> an incomplete suspend (either battery-led or battery+cable led stay on) and
> the system dosen't come back. I have to switch it hard off.

did a test now and found out, that the issue must be in one of the acpid
scripts because when I simply echo mem to /sys/power/state I can
suspend/resume as much as I like without any strangenesses - except that
system load is at 20 to 22 after wakeup but gradually goes down to normal
within about 20 seconds

and I get a heap of CRs on the console on which I issue the echo command

I will go into the warmstart issue as soon as possible but still appreciate
any comments, hints or suggestions

tnx

> the second symptom is on reboot / warmstart. cold boot works perfectly well
> but on warmstart I get a beepcode and nothing more...
>
> the beepcode is one-three-three-one which, according to the lenovo support
> page
> http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-46018
> this means DIMM or system board.
>
> do I have a real hardware error?