Interference (was Re: [ltp] Best Wireless Headphone with Thinkpad and Linux?)

Charles E "Rick" Taylor IV linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 04 Sep 2006 13:36:44 -0400

On Sun, 2006-09-03 at 15:02 +0100, Timothy Murphy wrote:

> Isn't this - interference by cordless phones - just as mythical?
> In my experience, if there is any interference between
> Bluetooth, WiFi, cordless phones, mobile phones and microwave ovens,
> it must be extremely small.

Well, I have a 2.4 GHz cordless phone (AT&T branded - not sure who
really makes it) that will reliably knock out the wireless reception of
my Intel (ipw2200) wireless cards.  I also have a couple of Netgear
WG511 (prism54 driver) cards that are unaffected by this same phone.
Make of that what you will.

*  Charles E. "Rick" Taylor, IV <rick@rickandpatty.com>
*  Web: http://www.rickandpatty.com
* Blog: http://shrimpandgrits.rickandpatty.com