[ltp] Flawless wireless performance - finally

Torsten Wolf linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 4 Sep 2006 22:45:38 +0200

Hi!

Well, laugh at me, take me for a dumbass... I don't mind, because I'm
much too happy at the moment: Finally, I have a wireless setup with a
decent performance. Up to now the connection between my R52 (2915abg)
and a D-Link 624 AP was rather flaky. Link quality switched between 5
and 90/100, every now and then the link broke down. I used every most
recent verion of the ipw2200 driver, tuned my wpa_supplicant.conf. But
it took me several months to change the default channel from 6 (which
implies switching of the "Dynamic Turbo" feature) to 9 and lo! 83/100
with 2 rooms between client & ap and a rock solid link. No missed
beacons so far. WPA2/CCMP, hwcrypto=1. Sometimes it is that easy 8-}

Thanks for your patience.

Cheers,
Torsten