[ltp] (k)ubuntu and ibm-acpi

Andrew Barr linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 06 Sep 2006 10:44:56 -0400

On Wed, 2006-09-06 at 15:24 +0100, JP Renaud wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Bluetooth is activated by default on my TP R51 and I would like to switch it
> off by default. I found out that I can disable it by echoing "disable"
> to /proc/acpi/ibm/bluetooth but what is the best way to have this done
> automatically (at boot and resume from suspend) on (k)ubuntu dapper?

For resume from suspend you can add a script to /etc/acpi/resume.d.

For boot time adding one to /etc/acpi/start.d might work, but on Debian
sid what I did was create a new init script called /etc/init.d/rc.local
that sourced /etc/default/rc.local-[start,stop] on bootup and shutdown,
respectively.

Also look at the output of 'modinfo -p ibm_acpi' and see if setting a
module parameter for ibm_acpi could disable Bluetooth for you when the
module is loaded.

Andrew